CAF’s funding reaches all Carlmont students, by
- Providing More Class Choices: more sections funded = more classes offered to Carlmont students. With last year’s donations, CAF funded 18 additional class periods for this school year, enabling reduced class sizes in core academic subjects like English and social studies
- Offering More Counseling Support: Because of the generous support of our community, for the first time, CAF was able to provide an additional counselor this year. This reduces the case load of EACH counselor by 50 students, and allows for more individualized attention on the “whole” student.
- Investing in Teachers: CAF funds dedicated time for cross-department collaboration and provides classroom curriculum supplies.
- Preparing Students for College and Career: CAF fully funds Carlmont’s College and Career Assistant and provided Chromebooks for the College & Career center.
- Funding Creative Programs: CAF helps to fund Sojourn to the Past and Vocal Music along with creative courses such as Instrumental Music, Media Arts, and Digital Arts.mail!
Class Sections That CAF Funds This School Year!
Smaller Class Sizes
- English I
- AS English I
- Modern European History
- Pre-Calculus Honors
- Instrumental Music (three sections)
- Digital Arts I
- Intro to Biotechnology 1 & 2
- Intro to Computer Science
- English II — Media Arts