~Para leer en español, ver abajo~
We will get through this, together!!
It has been a tough few weeks. COVID-19 is having a real impact on us all – our plans, our families and friends, our community, our schools, our day-to-day lives. We hope everyone in the Carlmont High School community is staying safe and healthy at home during these uncertain times. We are grateful to our educators and administrators who are working hard to ensure that important learning continues despite rapid changes in learning environments. One thing we know for sure – we will get through this, together. And when we do, we will say, when things were at their worst, we were at our best.
Giving CHS students the best possible education is our priority at CAF and we are still working to ensure the best possible year for the rest of this year and for next year. (On that note, take a look at the stellar work Carlmont students are doing reporting on the Covid-19 crisis.) Carlmont is also looking ahead to next year, with school counselors completing Fall registration appointments through Google Meet. Students were sent calendar invitations and can click on the link to do a video conference call with their counselor. If students would like to have an additional conversation with their counselors regarding issues other than registration, they can email their counselor to set up a time to “meet” or have an email conversation.
While CAF has not yet met its financial goal for the year, we recognize that there are many needs in our communities right now, and we’d like to keep you informed on how to access resources or provide help in our local Scots community.
- The CHS crisis counselor, Shelley Bustamante and our intervention counselor, Theresa Torres are both on call to assist students with any mental health concerns that come up while school is closed. Students can email either of them and they will have a phone conversation with the student.
- The Carlmont Pantry has gift cards to local stores or Amazon available. If you are finding that you need extra support during these challenging times, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Donate to the CHS Pantry: Carlmont is still providing support to students in need and their families. Please consider supporting our students in need with local grocery stores gift cards. The easiest way to do this is to purchase $25 Safeway gift cards online at Amazon and email them to Terri Plack at email@example.com. Or call the CHS office at 650-595-0210 between 10:00 am -1:00 pm to arrange drop off of gift cards in the parking lot.
- If you can fit a donation, or even an additional donation, to CAF into your budget, please do so. We will need to make some difficult decisions if we don’t meet our goal for the year. We have currently raised two thirds of our goal, $600,000 of $900,000. Stand Up for Public Schools is on May 13, and is a great time to make a donation, though any day is a great day for a donation.
- For a more county-wide effort, consider supporting your neighbors by donating to the newly created San Mateo Country Strong Fund at https://www.smcstrong.org/. All money donated will stay inside San Mateo County and not one penny will go elsewhere, so you can have confidence that you are helping your neighbors. You can choose to help individuals/families, small businesses, non-profits or wherever the need is greatest. #SMCStrong Fund
Warm wishes to you and your loved ones.
Carlmont Academic Foundation
Tax ID# 26-0325796